These beautiful Corvettite earrings feature a delicate teardrop shape stone with a pattern of the primary colors, yellow, blue and red. The Corvettite is set in Argentium silver (.935) and has a hammer texture with 18k gold accent granulation.
Fordite and Corvettite, also known as Detroit Agate, is a unique automotive enamel material. The original layered automotive paint slag “rough” was made incidentally, years ago, by the now extinct practice of hand spray-painting multiples of production cars in big automotive factories.
Argentium silver offers anti tarnish properties. Many wearers of argentium report no allergic reaction. Argentium silver contains 9.35% silver and metalloid germanium.
View our video to see the Corvettite earring in natural light.
- Bezel set in Argentium silver (.935)
- Stones are from car paint called Corvettite also known as Fordite
- 18k gold granulation accent
- Argentium silver ear wires handmade by Chisholm Trail Designs
- Patina applied to bring out the details of the hammer texture
- Measurements: 2" long x .5" wide