These beautiful Corvettite earrings feature a long rectangular stone with a pattern of the primary colors, yellow, blue and red. The blue in the Corvettite coordinates with the blue of the Apatite cabochons. The Corvettite is set in Argentium silver (.935) and has a hammer texture.
Fordite and Corvettite, also known as Detroit Agate, is a unique automotive enamel material. The original layered automotive paint slag “rough” was made incidentally, years ago, by the now extinct practice of hand spray-painting multiples of production cars in big automotive factories.
Argentium silver offers anti tarnish properties. Many wearers of argentium report no allergic reaction. Argentium silver contains 9.35% silver and metalloid germanium.
View our video to see the Corvettite earring in natural light.
- Bezel set in Argentium silver (.935)
- Stones are from car paint called Corvettite or Fordite
- Apatite cabochons
- Argentium silver ear posts and ear nuts
- Patina applied to bring out the details of the hammer texture
- Measurements: 2.5" long x .5" wide